Saturday 21 April 2012

New Shoes

I've needed a pair of shoes for a while now. Wanted something nice, and living in Northamptonshire something made locally. Unfortunately, it seems to be getting harder and harder to buy shoes that are made in Northamptonshire - once the capital of the shoe industry. Fortunately, I came across a company called VeganLine, Although I am not a vegan, I appreciate the fact that Veganline rate their shoes ethically, and some are locally made.

I found a pair of shoes called camouflage shoes, with soles similar to Doc Martins which I used to buy and like, so I thought I would give them a go (price is half what it states on the web-site). They arrived by return post on Thursday, but I was not able to collect them until this morning from the local Royal Mail sorting office ~ when I eventually got in: Police would not allow anyone in because they were removing a bloke who wanted to pay by cheque, and was abusing the staff.

I got my shoes home, and put them on about half ten, its now twelve hours later and they have not left my feet, I've driven to Leicester, been shopping, driven to Kettering, done some jobs, and am now back at home with them still on, and they are still very comfortable. I'm impressed!

IMG_2012-04-21 16.51.15.595 IMG_2012-04-21 16.51.52.167

IMG_2012-04-21 23.05.11.456SOLOVAIR MADE IN ENGLAND

No comments:

Post a Comment